Moto G has been launched in India when the google was the owner of company was with a boom and being popular in Asian countries specially in India. Moto G was coming with the guaranteed updates from motorola. Launched with the Android 4.2.2 Moto G is continuously receiving updates from Motorola and now has been updated to Android Lolipop 5.
Here is the official Moto G First Generation lollipop update which you can download and it wouldn’t void your warranty. Motorola has provided earlier update for some devices and rolling out it in a way so that it would not increase load in their servers. This update only works with the unmodified stock rom. If you had done any modification with your Android Rom then it would not work for you. This rom is exclusively for Moto G XT 1033 (2013) and doesn’t require any modification.
How to update Moto G XT 1033 to Android lollipop
- Download the unmodified fresh copy from the download links given below
- Copy it to the root of internal memory or the main folder.
- Go to settings -> About phone and choose check for updates
- You need to wait for a while since device need to copy the genuine update to the folder
- Your mobile shall be successfully updated to latest android.
Official Download links for Moto G XT 1033 lollipop update
All downloads have same file. Download any one update for your Moto G.
After updating it would take 30-45 mins to get successfully updated to the latest OS Android 5.0.2
Android 5.1 has been released for Nexus devices but yet not released for Motorola.